Photo contest in celebration of 30 years of the Biblical Zoo
We have enjoyed hosting millions of visitors, who have taken home and taken to heart unforgettable experiences at the zoo and aquarium!
In celebration of this birthday, we invite you to share with us the experiences and stories that have touched you, the ones you have taken home and kept with you in your heart, the special and fascinating images you recorded – in a unique photo contest!
The chosen photos will receive a place of honor and will be prominently exhibited at the zoo, on display for the public to see over several months, as well as shared on social media and the zoo and aquarium websites (with photo credits to the talented photographers!)
It’s our birthday, and we’re giving out gifts and prizes!
Each person who submits a chosen photo will be invited to an opening event at the Noah’s Ark Visitors’ Center. First, second, and third place winners will be selected and will be awarded a family membership to the Biblical Zoo!*
Additional prizes for the top three places:
· First place will join the next release-to-the-the-wild day for the Persian fallow deer.
· Second place will enjoy breakfast with a giraffe and a private encounter with the keepers.
· Third place will enjoy a private behind-the-scenes tour at the Israel Aquarium.
How to Participate:
· Anyone of any age is eligible to submit up to three images. Images should be submitted as an attached file to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Images must be of high resolution (at least 3MB).
· The body of the email must include the photographer’s full personal details: full name, identity card number (teudat zehut) home address, telephone number, and email address. Include the date the photo was taken. We recommend including a ew words about the photo and the experience.
· Indicate in the email that you have read the contest rules and that you understand that by submitting the photo, you are confirming this. For contest rules, click here.
Photos must besubmitted by Monday, October 9th at 9:00 AM
How are winning photos chosen?
A committee comprised of representatives from the various zoo and aquarium departments and external representatives will meet to choose the 30 images which they find most moving. From the 30 images, three images will be chosen for the top three honors. Winning photos will be announced through a unique post on the zoo’s and aquarium’s social media outlets! Now is the time to follow us there!
*A one-year family membership for up to five people
*zoo and aquarium staff and their families are not eligible to participate in the contest.